Sunday, September 07, 2014

Without Mistake or Error

I promised myself I’d get to work on some of the things that desperately need tending to around the house before winter breaks and I have another excuse. My latest surgery went smooth and I’m still cancer free so I figure I ought to put my good health to work. I’ve started by building some extra space in my storage shed making room for more junk and re-organizing what’s already there. Where does it all come from? It took me several days to plan and get back in the groove of measuring, cutting and fastening, it’s been a while since my last project. Remembering that patience and accuracy are what finished products are made of, this project, so far, has turned out level and square, functional as planned and it looks good too. I just love it when a plan comes together.

It’s amazing how our Creator was so meticulous with all the things around us. Here are some of the things that God’s accuracy and wisdom produced. *The eggs of a potato bug hatch in 7 days; *those of the canary in 14 days; *those of a barnyard hen in 21 days; *the eggs of ducks and geese in 28 days; *those of a mallard in 35 days; *and, parrot and ostrich eggs hatch in 42 days. (Notice they are all divisible by seven.) The largest of land mammals (at least in our time) is the elephant. God gave these great beasts four legs that all bend forward. No other quadruped is so made, but with four fulcrums it can rise easy from the ground in spite of its great weight. The horse rises from the ground with its two front legs first. And the cow rises using its two hind legs first. Further evidence of God’s wisdom and accuracy can be seen in a number of other things found in nature. *Each watermelon has an even number of stripes on the rind; *each orange has an even number of segments; *each ear of corn has an even number of rows; *each stalk of wheat has an even number of grains; *each bunch of bananas has an even number on its largest row. Each row decreases by one making one row an even count, the next row odd, and so on; *The waves of the sea roll in on shore twenty-six to the minute, no matter the weather conditions; *All grains are found in even numbers on the stalks. The Lord has specified thirty fold, sixty fold and one hundred fold (all even numbers). God has caused flowers to blossom at certain specified times during the day, so that Linnaeus, the great botanist, once said that if he had a conservatory containing the right kind of soil, moisture and temperature, he could tell the time of day or night by the blooms that were open and those that were closed.

[Romans 6:16-23; 2 Timothy 3:14-17; 2 Peter 1:3-4] As a human being, the zenith of God’s creation, the longer I live and the more I learn, the more mistakes I realize I make, and have made. With God’s Word in hand, however, there are no errors. God’s Word does not make mistakes. The Bible is God’s Word and it is impossible for God to lie (Hebrews 6:18). Because the Bible is without error, it fulfills all of mans needs. The Bible teaches us that if we wish to be saved, we must obey its truth. The Bible is inspired and authoritative, and should be accepted by all men. The entire Bible provides instruction, doctrine, reproof and correction. Everything that we need to know concerning life and godliness are contained within its pages. We are all going to be judged by the Word of God. “There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. …I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me…” (John 12:48-49).

No comments: