Saturday, July 04, 2015

250 and Free?

Happy 239th Birthday America! Even with the desensitizing of some of the greatest strengths any kingdom on earth has ever known, it is the freedom of speech and the right to worship without dictatorial interference that has brought about the most satisfied and prosperous of people. As Soviet-born comedian Yaakov Smirnoff often quoted after observing some of the antics Americans engage themselves in without fear of repression, “What a country!!” And that it is! I for one will refuse to allow anyone to suppress my thoughts and ideas in the name of “hate” or “prejudice” calling it a crime. All crime is a hate crime and performed with prejudice. I’m not out to deny anyone their rights as an American but I am getting a little tired of seeing the courts tweaking and adjusting my rights compromising my liberties. Think about it America.

“God Bless the U.S.A.” by Lee Greenwood: “If tomorrow all the things were gone, I worked for all my life; And I had to start again, With just my children and my wife; I thank my lucky stars, To be living here today, 'Cause the flag still stands for freedom, And they can't take that away; And I'm proud to be an American, Where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died, Who gave that right to me; And I'd gladly stand up next to you, And defend Her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A. From the lakes of Minnesota, To the hills of Tennessee, Across the plains of Texas, From sea to shining sea; From Detroit down to Houston, And New York to L.A., Well there's pride in every American heart, And it's time we stand and say, That I'm proud to be an American, Where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died, Who gave that right to me; And I'd gladly stand up next to you, And defend Her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A. And I'm proud to be an American, Where at least I know I'm free, And I won't forget the men who died, Who gave that right to me; And I'd gladly stand up next to you, And defend Her still today, 'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A.” Songwriters: WEISMAN, BENJAMIN / KARGER, FRED / WAYNE, SID © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group Publishing Group

[Romans 13] In an address to military leaders, John Adams, our second President said, “We have no government armed with the power capable of contending with human passions, unbridled by morality and true religion. Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Jay, our first Court Justice stated that when we select our national leaders, if we are to preserve our Nation, we must select Christians. “Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian Nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers. Calvin Coolidge, our 30th President wrote, “The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country.” In 1782, the United States Congress passed this resolution: ‘The Congress of the United States recommends and approves the Holy Bible for use in all schools.’ In 1963, the Supreme Court ruled that Bible reading was outlawed as unconstitutional in the public school system. Has society or our schools benefitted without God’s Word?

No comments: