Saturday, November 21, 2015

Would They Kill Him Again?

Statistically speaking, most of my life has always fallen somewhere in the “normal” range of predicable human reactions by whoever determines these things. Now these same people are the experts that continually attempt to steer the lives of the “normal” people in the direction they want them to go. I like living in the normal realm of lead, follow, or get out of the way, because it tends to give me that feeling of freedom and independence we all crave. I lack any powers or super-powers to limit getting pushed into situations of life I don’t like or disagree with, so like my fellow obedient law-abiding neighbors and citizens I have to accept some things being passed along as “for the betterment of the whole”, not necessarily in a participating manner, but more the “tolerance” mood. Don’t get me wrong here. I buck against the goads every time I get, but it’s the normal gripping and belly-aching most people do during morning coffee or watching the evening news. I generally do cave in to the establishment only because I like my “normal” life and the quiet freedoms I can afford to retain and remain faithful.

I’ve been kicking and screaming since the beginning of this so-called electronic age only learning as I go because by not participating in the flow of “progress” one tends to get left way behind on this new super-highway. Most things today are key-less and wireless leaving me clueless as to how I’m suppose to get it started. I’ve lived in the same place for near 40 years; I drive my vehicles on average of 10 years (used to begin with); I have 2 laptop computers 5 years old, but my workhorse desktops are dated 1998 & 2001. They’re like a pair of old comfortable shoes; like an easy chair with all the lumps and wrinkles that conform perfectly to your body, just right for Sunday afternoon naps. Well, the world evidently has far too many computer engineers with nothing to do except mess with good programming and trashing comfortable shoes. My two faithful workhorses have to go because everything to do with the computer age today has to ride a thoroughbred racehorse of a motherboard and micro-processor, plus, the operating system itself takes more memory than the total my ’98 computer came with (13GB). By the way, my son said I’d never fill it up - ha,ha,ha! I can no longer update these two desktops, they’re at their limit, so, to the closet they go with my worn out shoes. I’d rather take a beating out back of the woodshed than move or update computers, but I have no choice. Pray for me, and my new computer, neither gets hurt.

[Mark 3:1-4; Luke 19:45-48] There is a movement in the world today, especially in this country, to rid the landscape of any reference to the Christian faith. The leaders of Jesus’ day were afraid of him because the people believed in him and their power over the people was waning. They wanted to “rid” themselves of Jesus but were having a hard time plotting his murder, until Judas came along. If Jesus lived a physical life today the federal government wouldn’t have any trouble at all. The FDA could get him for turning water into wine without a license; the EPA could get him for killing fig trees; the AMA could arrest him for practicing medicine without a license; the National Board of Psychiatrists would arrest him for giving advise on how to live a guilt-free life, without the proper certification; the Dept. of Health would fine him big for feeding 5000 in the wilderness without a permit. Jesus wouldn’t stand a chance living in the 21st century. How tolerant do you think Jesus would be toward our liberal society?

No comments: