Saturday, November 12, 2016

Don't Stop Praying!


I really don’t want to get on a rant here, but, it’s very hard to swallow, and even harder to comprehend, the reactions being showcased by supporters of the liberal agenda throughout the country following the national elections. The elections process has not changed, but what is reflected in the outcome of this election is the fact that the mood of the people has changed. What they see in the operations of the government isn’t working for the citizenry that are footing the bill to pay for conveniences others are abusing and extorting. I can’t help but to believe what we’re witnessing in the protests (tantrums) across the country is the product of a spoiled America that has never before been told “no, you can’t have that”. They have grown up under the gist that everyone is a winner and if one cannot achieve top notoriety, a rules change is in order. The problem that brings about is, there are too many rules! And when a rule or law turns around to bit the law-maker it then becomes someone else’s fault that “I’m still being oppressed!” I’m sorry, but everyone can’t always have it their own way. Life isn’t like ordering a hamburger. “Today I think I’ll have my burger without onions or mustard, and I’m going to tell others they shouldn’t have onions or mustard either.” No two people on this planet are the same and forcing me to patronize an agenda that I do not believe in is simply wrong. I believe everyone should stop at stop-signs, but I don’t believe abortion is the only way to stop unwanted pregnancies. I’m not out to force anyone to think my thoughts or live as I do. All I ask is that I retain the right to express my ideals, and like many in this country, I saw that right slipping away. What’s happening in this country right now is not working and to the surprise of the “meism” community the people have spoken.

[Romans 13:1-5] “Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God’s servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God’s servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.” I believe the prayers of millions have been answered and without fanfare those millions will continue to submit themselves to the governing authorities as God has directed. The collected conscience of God-fearing citizens of this country wants representation of their values and God-given rights to live a peaceable righteous existence. “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone – for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness” (1 Timothy 2:1-2). Pray for those who are protesting and especially for those who are antagonizing them into violence. Pray for the safety of our president-elect and all those whom he appoints to secure the offices of our government. Lord grant him, and them, wisdom in their leadership abilities and I pray they look to you for guidance in all they do. God is listening. Continue in prayer for our country – the battle has just begun.

No comments: