Saturday, January 05, 2019

A New Year's Plan


The start of a new year is an ideal time to reflect on the past, take account of your Christian walk, and consider the direction God may want to lead you in the coming days. Set aside some time to pause and evaluate your spiritual condition as you seek God's presence with this prayerful collection of poems for Christians.

** A New Year's Plan - Christian New Year's Poem - by  Mary Fairchild > I tried to think of a clever new phrase – A slogan to inspire the next 365 days, A motto to live by this coming New Year, But the  catchy words fell flat to my ear. And then I heard His still small voice, Saying, "Consider this simple, daily choice: With each new dawn and close of day, Make new your resolve to trust and obey. Don't look back caught in regret, Or dwell on the sorrow of dreams unmet; Don't stare forward anchored by fear, No, live in this moment, for I am here. I am all you need. Everything. I Am. You are held secure by my strong hand. Give me this one thing – your all in all; Into my grace, let yourself fall." So, at last, I'm ready; I see the way. It's to daily follow, trust, and obey. I enter the New Year armed with a plan, To give him my everything. All that I am.

** The New Year --Martha Snell Nicholson > Dear Lord, as this new year is born, I give it to Thy hand, Content to walk by faith what paths I cannot understand. Whatever coming days may bring, Of bitter loss, or gain, Or every crown of happiness; Should sorrow come, or pain, Or, Lord, if all unknown to me, Thine angel hovers near, To bear me to that farther shore, Before another year, It matters not — my hand in Thine, Thy light upon my face, Thy boundless strength when I am weak, Thy love and saving grace! I only ask, loose not my hand, Grip fast my soul, and be, My guiding light upon the path, Till, blind no more, I see! ** Dear Master for this coming year, Just one request I bring: I do not pray  for happiness, Or any earthly thing -- I do not ask to understand, The way You’re leading me, But this I ask: Teach me to do, The thing that pleases You. I want to know Your guiding voice, To walk with You each day. Dear Master make me swift to hear, And ready to obey. And thus the year I now begin, A happy year will be — If I am seeking just to do, The thing that pleases You. --Unknown Author

[Psalm 51:10-13] “Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, so that sinners will turn back to you.” ** His Unfailing Presence > Another year I enter, Its history unknown; Oh, how my feet would tremble, To tread its paths alone! But I have heard a whisper, I know I shall be blest; "My presence shall go with you, And I will give you rest." What will the New Year bring me? I may not, must not know; Will it be love and rapture, Or loneliness and woe? Hush! Hush! I hear His whisper; I surely shall be blest; "My presence shall go with you, And I will give you rest." --Unknown Author ** There’s hope for tomorrow, even when things look dim. There’s hope for tomorrow, when you put trust in Him. Though darkness surrounds you, He’s always there. With arms that will hold you in His loving care. Just when you thought you had lost everything, He’s right there beside you, with comfort to bring. And you’ll know with assurance, He’ll never depart, For He’s dwelling inside you, right there in your heart. I pray God’s blessings for you in 2019, and God bless America!

No comments: