Saturday, June 25, 2016

Needed: Leaders With Wisdom


Well, I finally have gotten over my illness which put me down for three weeks plus. It was just in time to go see my throat doctor for another post-surgical inspection on my vocal cords. A small spot was noticed a month ago and hoping beyond hope it would slough off and go away during the remaining healing process has not come to fruition. So, my doctor/surgeon asked me what I thought we ought to do about it. I’m not one to sit around waiting and watching when I know darn well what we have to do, so it’s back to surgery again July 5th. From the way everything looks at the moment this could be the last time and if this new laser has done its job well I may never have to return to the surgical theater again, at least not for my vocal cords. Recovery from the two surgeries this year with the new laser has brought about much improved healing and use of my voice, very surprising to everyone, and I only pray that I recover from this surgery with at least as good results as I have right now. I’ve never really worried about any of the eight surgeries I had on my vocal cords because right from the beginning I felt the Lord has supplied the right people to perform my surgeries and it seems He has performed healing that has enabled me to continue singing praises to His glory and teach his Word to a lost world. That’s kind of hard to do without a voice. Anyway, I expect the Lord to continue His work in me both physically and spiritually for I look forward to my continuing work in His name for many years to come. I do appreciate your prayers each and every time I go to surgery and I ask you for them again. Let God know you love me – it can’t hurt.

So anyway, here I am feeling really good for the first time in three months and I’ve got the lawn mowed and a few other household chores done, so I figure I’m going to treat myself with a present. There’s nothing like buying your-self something to make one feel even better - right? I went to Sears and bought me a new battery operated weed-eater and blower. I charged up the battery over night and put it to work the next day. I had no idea it would take so long to run down that battery, but it was a good workout. The next morning I got out of bed and my back muscles decided to punish me with a spasm that put me down for four days. My back has always given my problems since my teen years and it seems to always rear up its ugly head at the most inopportune times. Oh well!!

[Romans 1: 18-32; Job 28] I really don’t want to get off on a rant here, but I’m very confused when it comes to our leaders praying to “God” and quoting scripture from the Bible. For one thing, they are only doing it when it is convenient and opportune for them to be in the limelight to convince the nation they really care. In reality they are doing it to promote their causes and support their agenda. And, they certainly aren’t praying to the God of our forefathers; otherwise they would be confessing the sins of the people of this country and begging His forgiveness. If they did, maybe we wouldn’t be suffering the wrath God is initiating upon this land with floods and fire and inconceivable atrocities being acted out by disciples of Satan. The God of our forefathers and the God of the Bible, “…established the force of the wind; made a decree for the rain and a path for the thunderstorm; he looked at wisdom and appraised it; he confirmed it and tested it. And he said to man, ‘The fear of the Lord – that is wisdom, and to shun evil is understanding’.” I see the leaders of this nation sorely lacking in wisdom and the want-to-be leaders of tomorrow aren’t any better. Father, grant us leaders with backbone, and wisdom. Amen.

No comments: