Wednesday, November 09, 2005

What Hinders You?

I think I can safely say that many of you have, at one time or another, spent a lot of time and effort at a particular endeavor only to be disappointed by the final outcome. What I mean is, maybe you’ve planned a big vacation or an outdoor event just to have it rain on the most important time of your life. I know of engineering designers who invest hundreds of hours in a certain project only to have it crumpled up and tossed into the wastebasket. Then there are parents who make all the right moves and teach their children well, only to have one turn down a dead end road, never accomplishing the things envisioned and hoped for. But, in most cases, we hold an amazing track record for endurance. Even though the weather may turn sour, we make the best of the moment. Though our ideas may be rejected, we press on looking for another better way. When disappointment looms heavy over a child, we never reject their pleas for help and love.
You’ll meet many just like me, upon life’s busy streets; With shoulders stooped and heads bowed down, and eyes that stare in defeat; Or souls that live within the past where sorrow plays all parts; Or stood and watched with helpless hands, while the heart inside you dies. Some lose faith and love and life, when sorrow shoots his darts; And with hope all gone they walk alone; These “Men With Broken Hearts”. Some were farmers, some were kings, and a living death is all that’s left for “Men With Broken Hearts”. You have no right to be a judge, to criticize and condemn; Just think… but for the grace of God, it would be you instead of him. You never walked in that man’s shoes, or seen through his eyes; And some were masters of the arts, but in their shame, their all the same; These “Men With Broken Hearts”. So, help your brothers along the road, no matter where you start; For the God that made you, made them too, These “Men With Broken Hearts”. This little poem was written by a person that I and several others have been ministering to for some time (years). It came with a P.S. Thank you all for not giving up on me and for seeing things in me I could not see in myself. I only hope I can give back in some way what has so lovingly been given. I gave up on myself many times, but you all never did; you all kept me in your prayers. Therefore there is one more Christian Warrior fighting and witnessing for God and his Son, Jesus. Yes, one more warrior to fight this war against Satan at this time of spiritual warfare! I belong to God!
[1 Corinthians 9: 12-27] “…On the contrary, we put up with anything rather than hinder the gospel of Christ.” Paul states he has his reward. He’s a soul winner for the Lord and the Lord will compensate him for his work. Paul is totally convicted to the Gospel of Christ. He’s willing to endure anything rather than hinder the progress of the gospel. Until I received that poem I began to think I was wasting my time and maybe others were right, this person can’t be reached. Then I’m reminded of the day Jesus was entering the city of Jerusalem and he wept, as he thought about it’s impending demise. Most everyone still had no idea who he really was and the power and comfort they could draw from him to soothe the sorrows of everyday life. Those who have no hope “Men With Broken Hearts” need committed Christians bringing the saving grace of the Gospel to them no matter what the cost. Jesus was willing to lay His life on the line, even to endure death on the cross. What hinders you from spreading the Gospel of Christ?

No comments: