Sunday, August 13, 2006

P.U.S.H.

Eureka! I finally got my wife’s car fixed. Before installing the new computer I took under advisement from some mechanic friends, to look real close for any wiring problems that could have caused my computer problem in the first place, thus avoid repeating the catastrophe. After almost an hour of looking real close, I discovered a pinched wire bundle with some frayed wires. After repairing the wires and installing the new computer everything seems to be just like new again. I’m glad I asked for some advise and followed it, probably saving myself some embarrassment in the long run. I’m also thrilled I didn’t have to pay a huge garage repair bill and my wife is on the road again. Travel safe.
Sitting at his desk, the nine-year-old boy snapped out of yet another day-dream to discover the front of his pants wet and a puddle of water on the floor. He thinks his heart is going to stop because he can’t possibly imagine how this could of happened. It’s never happened before! If the guys find out he’ll never live it down. If the girls find out they’ll never speak to him the rest of his life. The boy puts his head down on his desk and prays, “Dear God, this is an emergency! I need help now! Two minutes from now my life will be over!” He looks up from his prayer and sees a student, Suzie, and the teacher walking toward him. Suzie is carrying a goldfish bowl full of water and just a she arrives at the boys desk she stumbles, tipping over the bowl, pouring out its contents into the lap of the boy. The boy pretends to be angry, all the while saying to himself, “Thank you Lord, Thank-You! Now all of a sudden, instead of being the subject of ridicule, the boy is the subject of sympathy. The sympathy is wonderful, but as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else- Suzie. As the clean-up begins, Suzie tries to help only to be pushed aside. “Haven’t you done enough, you klutz!” reprimanded her classmates. Finally, at the end of the day, as they were waiting for their bus, the boy walks over to Suzie and whispers, “You did that on purpose, didn’t you?” Suzie whispered back, “I wet my pants once too.”
[2 Corinthians 6: 14-18] We’re always looking for a way out, always looking for an easier way, always looking to escape expense, failure, illness and even death. We seek advise from friends, family, physicians, bankers, lawyers and psychiatrists. Don’t get me wrong here. There’s nothing wrong with seeking help, but when do you know it’s the right help? When was the last time you prayed and asked God to help and guide you? Too many people are going to tell you prayer and God’s intervention in your life is a bunch of hogwash and I’m going to tell you, you’re not paying attention. Try this for one day. Get up and even though every bone in your body is screaming, thank the Lord for another day. Pray for His help and guidance for the day. Have your mind set that the Lord is going to be active in your life this day. Remove yourself from those activities that separate you from God, you know what they are, and look forward to what He’s going to do. I mean really look. Keep your eyes open for someone or something to change you life in some way. Believe me when I say, if it comes from God it will be good. Don’t get discouraged. I have a sign in my office; P.U.S.H.- Pray Until Something Happens. You can pray anywhere, any-time. God loves you, and wants to help you.

No comments: