Saturday, October 24, 2009

Titanic Endeavor

I’m afraid the U.S. Financial Titanic, originally christened the U.S. Tax Payer Bailout, has set sail “all ahead, full” into the same waters that crippled it not to long ago. The same financial firms that couldn’t seem to be able to control themselves with their own money have been shoveling your tax dollar into their own pockets as fast as they can, all the while telling the politicians this is good for the economy. President Obama, the designer of this ship, publicized it as “unsinkable” and assigned a crew to manage it with no guidelines of operation. From the minute it was being built in Washington, New York Wall Street “experts”, very much like White Star Lines executives did the Titanic, began promoting the “bail out” as the greatest and grandest thing that could happen to the country in its time of economic stress. All I can say is watch out! Greedy maniacs are piloting this “recovery ship” and there’s not enough lifeboats for everybody, Congress saw to that. I think Wall Street needs to do what the home office of the White Star Lines did. On either side of the front door of their building, big bulletin boards need to be erected, one labeled, “KNOWN TO BE SAVED” and the other, “KNOWN TO BE LOST”, announcing the fate of the companies on board. I hope and pray I’m wrong.
Kids learn early about life. Patrick, age 10 says, “Never trust a dog to watch your food”. Matt, age 12 says, “When you want something expensive, ask your grandma”. Andrew, age 9 warns, “Never smart off to a teacher whose eyes and ears are twitching”. Rosemary, age 7 discovered, “Never try to hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.” Jen, age 8 advises, “Sleep in your clothes so you’ll be dressed in the morning.” Lamar, age 10 warns, “Never flush the toilet when your dad is in the shower.” Carol, age 9 says, “Never ask for anything that costs over five dollars when your parents are doing their income taxes.” Kelly, age 10 concludes, “Never be too full for dessert.” And, Heather, age 16 warns, “Whenever your dad asks, ‘Do you think I’m stupid?’ don’t answer him.”
An exasperated mother, whose son was always getting into mischief, finally asked him, “How do you expect to get into heaven?” The boy thought it over and said, “Well, I’ll just run in and out and in and out and keep slamming the door until St. Peter says, ‘For Heaven’s sake, Jimmy, come in or stay out!’” (Were it that easy.)
[1 Peter 2: 11-12] Wouldn’t it be great if we could go online to an internet website that posted, SPIRITUALLY KNOWN TO BE SAVED and SPIRITUALLY KNOWN TO BE LOST? First of all, who’s going to be the judge? The only way I can even come close to judging someone else is to judge myself first. How, you ask? I must measure the thoughts and attitudes of my heart against the Word of God, because that is what will save me or convict me in the end. (Hebrews 4: 12-13) How can I possibly know if I’m in the saved column? If I have been baptized for the forgiveness of my sins (Acts 2:38) I have also received the promised gift of the Holy Spirit to guide me into full Christian maturity. (Romans 8: 1-17) How do I arrive to Christian maturity? Peter tells in 2 Peter 1: 2-11, how every believer must grow in the spirit. Jesus said, “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” (Matthew 7: 13-14) Careful; Your voyage through life could be doomed for eternity.

No comments: