Saturday, October 29, 2016

Take Time To Frolic


I’ve enjoyed the companionship of several different canines over the years and my current four-legged furry friend is without a doubt another I hope to share life with for many years. Bella, my little white five pound Chihuahua, is now three-years-old and a maiden forever, under the advice she is too small to safely be a mother. Over the last year she has grown substantially, but I’ve been down the puppy road before and I’m not sorry for my decision to spay her right away. Bella has to be the weirdest dog I’ve ever had. For example, she is a picky eater and generally will not eat if someone is in the room with her. From a puppy, there are times she won’t eat for days, making me think she’s sick or something and she never finishes eating all of what’s in her dish. It’s comical to watch her find that “just right” spot in the grass to relieve herself. It takes her forever! And it takes even longer if she looks around to find someone watching her. She’s so self-conscious if she catches you watching her it generally triggers a whole new search in a totally different area. She loves riding in a vehicle, but hates the wind blowing in the window. Some rides are okay, standing in the open window, until we get to about 35 mph, then she retreats to sit on my lap. I’ve stated before I didn’t think she was the sharpest knife in the drawer, but have since then determined she is more comparable to a four-year-old child.  She can totally ignore you yet know exactly what is being asked of her and reacts appropriately when the voice of authority reaches that level indicating a whipping is next. She’s my motivational coach - constantly touching and nudging me to get out of the chair and go outside with her. My problem with that is all she wants to do is lie around and supervise whatever I’m doing once outside. You’re right – I’m up and moving and if the truth be known that’s why I’ve got her. After dark it’s play-time in the house. To get my attention, she sits directly in front of my chair and stares at me with a toy in her mouth. “Play with me! – Play with me!” If I don’t show interest, she displays a look of rejection, just like a four-year-old child, which melts the heart to take some time out and go to her level of importance for some serious ten minutes of frolicking. That’s all it takes for she’s worn out in ten minutes. A short nap and we’re off to the races again.

[Ephesians 5:22-6:4] God gave each member of the family a role to play. God made man the head of the family, foreshadowing the relationship of Christ to the church. Jesus demonstrated His love for the church by giving His life for her, a perfect example for each husband to follow. Husbands should be ready to sacrifice their lives for their wives. Christian wives are to place themselves under the control of their husbands. Wives whose husbands are willing to die for them have little trouble with submission. Children are instructed to keep on obeying their parents. The only limitation to this is the expression ”in the Lord,” which means a child may refuse to obey his or her parents if they ask them to do something wrong in the sight of God. Obedience requires one to grow in self-control, self-discipline, recognition of authority and a teachable spirit, all of which are necessary ingredients for a good life. Fathers can facilitate the obedience of their children by not provoking them to wrath. Discipline is an important part of the parent and child relationship, but harsh discipline can cause a child to strike back. Inconsistency in discipline can lead to outbursts of anger. You can make a difference in your family! Godly parents can make a positive difference in their families. (Take some time to frolic.)

No comments: