Saturday, January 07, 2012

God Is Still In Charge

I don’t think it’s a secret that I am deeply disappointed with the way I’m being represented in my local, state and federal governments. I have become despondent with the same old trash talking election year political rhetoric that promises nothing, yet all-the-while makes you think the candidate for office has the power to make things happen once elected. The Greek word for most political debates is “hogwash”. I don’t think there’s anybody left that truly loves this country enough to simply serve the people. Because our elected officials are only looking for what they can gain from office, they have failed to put their heart and soul into what we elected them to do. For the past thirty plus years my ideals and my votes have been buried by lobbyists. Money is buying my freedom out from under me. I just thank God they can’t buy my soul.
[Philippians 4: 13] I love the Lord and thank Him for all He does in my life. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I would be nothing. But, with Him, I can do all things. He is the first and the last; the beginning and the end. He is the keeper of creation and the Creator of all! He is the Architect of the universe and the Manager of all times. He always was; He always is; He always will be …unmoved, unchanged, undefeated and never undone. He was bruised to bring forth healing. He was pierced to ease my pain. He was persecuted to bring me freedom. He died to give me life. He has risen to become my King. He reigns to bring forth peace. The world can’t understand Him; the armies can’t defeat Him; the schools can’t explain Him; and the leaders can’t ignore Him. Herod couldn’t kill Him; The Pharisees couldn’t confuse Him; and the people couldn’t hold Him. Nero couldn’t crush Him; Hitler couldn’t silence Him; the New Age can’t replace Him; and Donahue can’t explain Him away. He is light, love, longevity and Lord. He is goodness, kindness, gentleness; and God. He is holy, righteous, mighty, powerful and pure. His ways are right, His word is eternal; His will is unchanging; and His mind is on me. He is my Redeemer, Savior, Guide and Peace. He is my joy, my comforter, my Lord and He rules my life. I serve Him because His bond is love, His burden is light and His goal for me is abundant life. I follow Him because He is the wisdom of the wise, the power of the powerful, the ancient of days, the ruler of rulers, the leader of leaders, the overseer of the over comers and the sovereign Lord of all that was, is, and is to come. And if all that seems impressive try this for size …His goal is a relationship with me and YOU! He will never leave me, forsake me, mislead me, forget me, or overlook me. When I fall; He lifts me up. When I fail; He forgives. When I am weak; He is strong. When I am lost; He is the way. When I am afraid; He is my courage. When I stumble; He steadies me. When I am hurt; He heals me. When I am broken; He mends me. When I am blind; He leads me. When I am hungry; He feeds me. When I face trials; He is with me. When I face persecution; He shields me. When I face problems; He comforts me. When I face loss; He provides for me. When I face death; He’ll carry me home. He is everything for everybody, everywhere, every time and in every way. He is God. He is faithful. I am His and He is mine. So, if you’re wondering why I feel so secure, understand this …He said it and that settles it for me. God is in control; I am on His side; and that means all is well with my soul. Amen.

No comments: