Sunday, August 26, 2012

Try And Take It

      Let me see if I’ve got this right. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency has ruined the life of Lance Armstrong over some sort of physical enhancing “dope” he allegedly used during his seven Tour De France cycling victories, yet all the testing done at the time of his winning showed no drugs in his system. The USADA has “proven beyond the shadow of a doubt” that Armstrong cheated in his seven Tour wins and his Olympic Bronze win in 2000, twelve years after the governing agencies of the Tour and the Olympic Committee found nothing to accuse Armstrong of, hard as they tried. While your tax dollars are being wasted on the destruction of the life of a remarkable cancer survivor, someone our youth and cancer fighters alike can look up to with admiration, the metropolis of Chicago is under siege by three known drug cartels, destroying the lives of thousands of people, but you better have every “t” crossed and every “i” dotted before anyone gets accused of “doping” our entire country. That’s all I’ve got to say.

      After what this country went through in the ‘60s, a song made popular by Bill Anderson, lyrics by John Paul Moore (1970) titled, “Drinking From My Saucer” gave an insight to the thoughts of the country, before the electronic age. “I've never made a fortune and it's probably too late now; But I don't worry about that much I'm happy anyhow. And as I go along life's way I'm reaping better than I sow; I'm drinking from my saucer ‘Cause my cup has overflowed’. Haven’t got a lot of riches and sometimes the going's tough, But I've got loving ones around me and that makes me rich enough. I thank God for his blessings and the mercies He's bestowed; I'm drinking from my saucer 'Cause my cup has overflowed. O, Remember times when things went wrong my faith wore somewhat thin; But all at once the dark clouds broke and sun peeped through again. So Lord, help me not to gripe about the tough rows that I've hoed, I'm drinking from my saucer ‘Cause my cup has overflowed’ If God gives me strength and courage, when the way grows steep and rough, I'll not ask for other blessings I'm already blessed enough. And may I never be too busy to help others bear their loads; Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer ‘Cause my cup has overflowed.’” Amen!
      [Romans 8: 31-39] You’ve failed many times, even though you don’t remember. You fell down the first time you tried to walk. You almost drowned the first time you tried to swim. Did you hit the ball the first time you swung the bat? Don’t worry about failures. Think about the chances you miss when you don’t even try. Heavy hitters, like Babe Ruth, who struck out 1330 times, also hit 714 home-runs. R.C. Macy failed seven times before his New York store caught on. English novelist, John Greasey, received 753 rejection slips before he went on to publish 564 books. Thomas Edison denied failure and stated he had only found another way not to do something. Right, wrong, or indifferent, Lance Armstrong has been stripped and whipped. It’s a shame, but he has tucked his tail and yielded to the bureaucratic think-tank. I pray his work in the field of cancer has not suffered a death blow. Jesus my Lord was accused, stripped and whipped and yielded to the think-tank, even to his death. Because of his love for mankind and his obedience to God the Father, he gave his life for the sins of the world and arose victorious over death. My only victory in this life may be to share in the resurrection of my Lord at the time of my death, and nobody can take it away from me.

No comments: