Saturday, March 30, 2013

What Will You Do With Jesus?

      Jesus: He is the first and the last; the beginning and the end. He is the keeper of creation and the Maker of all things. He is the architect of the universe and the manager of all times. He always was; He is; and He always will be… Unmoved, Unchanged, Undefeated and will never be Undone. He was bruised to give healing. He was pierced to ease pain. He was persecuted to grant freedom. His death brought forth life. He was raised from the dead to give power, and He reigns in Heaven to bring peace. The world can’t understand Him and armies can’t defeat Him. The schools can’t explain Him and worldly leaders can’t ignore Him. Herod couldn’t kill Him, the Pharisee’s couldn’t confuse Him and the people couldn’t hold Him. Nero couldn’t crush Him, Hitler couldn’t silence Him, the New Age can’t replace Him and Donahue can’t explain Him away. He is light, love, longevity and Lord. He is goodness, kindness, gentleness and God. He is Holy, righteousness, mighty, powerful and pure. He is always right, His word is eternal, His will is unchanging and His mind is on me
      [Matthew 27:11-26; Mark 15:1-15; Luke 23:1-25; John 18:28-19:16] Pilate asked two profound questions: to Jesus he asked, “Don’t you realize I have power to either free you or crucify you?” and to the crowd he asked, “What shall I do, then, with Jesus who is called Christ?” I once stood in the shoes of Pilate to make the decision… what will I do with Jesus? I could over-power Him, or I could crucify Him, ridding him from my life, or wash my hands of the whole thing and ignore Him, or believe in His resurrection from the dead, embracing the reality of the love God has for me. I chose the later and although I have been rebellious at times, my life has never been the same. Over the years of faithful study I have learned this of Jesus: He is my Redeemer; He is my Savior; He is my guide and He is my peace. He is my joy; He is my comfort; He is my Lord, and He rules my life. I serve Him because his bond is love. His burden is light and his goal for me is abundant life. I follow Him because he is the wisdom of the wise, the power of the powerful, the ancient of days, the ruler of rulers, the leader of leaders, the overseer of over-comers and the sovereign Lord of all that was, that is, and is to come. His goal is a relationship with me. He will never leave me, forsake me, mislead me, forget me, or over-look me. When I fall, He lifts me up; when I fail, He forgives me. When I am weak, He is strong; when I am afraid, He is my courage. When I am lost, He is the way; when I am blind, He leads me. When I stumble, He steadies me; when I am hurt, He heals me. When I am broken, He mends me; when I am hungry, he feeds me. When I face trials, He is with me; when I face persecution, He shields me. When I face problems, he comforts me; when I face loss, He provides for me. When I face death - He will carry me home. He is everything for everybody. He is everywhere all the time and is of service in every way. He is God. He is faithful. I am His and He is mine. He is truth, and I am secure in the fact that if He said it, that settles it. He keeps me functioning each and every day. Without Him, I am nothing, but, “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13). I have a friend who says, “With God, every day is a blessing and every meal a banquet.” Jesus lives! Jesus saves! He told his disciples, “…All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matthew 28:18) He is eagerly waiting. What will you do with Jesus?

No comments: