Saturday, February 20, 2016

TMI

To me the information age is becoming a double edged sword of sorts. I think one of the greatest health problems in the world today is TMI (Too Much Information). All that is going into our head today is not having the same effect on all peoples in the same way. The comprehension pendulum for the flood of information we receive is producing thought patterns ranging from paranoia to gullibility and tolerance to intolerance. With today’s expectant “normal” sitting somewhere on both ends, one must skew ones life with the probability of drawing both extremes to the middle to formulate a new “norm” that will bring peace and harmony into the world. No wonder folks are flying off the handle! I can’t be two completely different persons at the same time. TMI is producing super-intelligent human-beings that are capable of accelerating technology faster than it can be applied, and at the other end of the spectrum - plum stupid people that are dangerous to my health. I’m okay with being me, somewhere in the middle, using the technology I need to the best of my abilities and avoiding the crazy’s at every turn. To keep myself from catching any of the dummying effects of TMI, I have to filter the information as to whether it is to educate, so I can make better decisions in my life, or is it to propagandize, so others can make all my decisions for me. Remember, one can definitely get run over on the information super-highway and believe me when I say, it will be an intentional hit-n-run with no recourse or sympathy.

It’s funny how the government and insurance companies become so interested in ones life when we reach a certain age. Due to the fact senior citizens will begin to fork over less taxes than in the past, when they were in the work force, every government agency in existence wants to know more about you than ever before. Insurance companies either want to double your premiums or drop you because your age has now put you into a risk category of accident or death. Really! I thought I would share my information sheet on facts to remember as you grow older, beginning at age twelve, before one gets too smart to learn. * Death is the number one killer in the world. * Life is sexually transmitted. * Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which can die (a good thing). * Give a person a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach a person to use the Internet and they won’t bother you for weeks; maybe months. * All of us could learn a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism. * Above all else, don’t worry about old age – it doesn’t last that long. * Be you; and laugh.

[Matthew 24; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-2] Even the first century Christian had to deal with too much information. Matthew records Jesus speaking about the ‘end of the age’ which we know as the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70. Mixed in, Jesus warns about rumors of his appearing here or there. It leaves me with the distinct impression that no one will have to tell me when Jesus has made his appearance, “…For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man” (v27). Paul wrote the Thessalonians, “…not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come” (v.2). TMI has placed blinders on a lot of people, leading them down a path of destruction. It is God’s Word that will judge in the end, not how much information you have, or what people think and convince you to do.

No comments: