Saturday, August 13, 2005

Suspicious Packaging

This computer age is great, but one has to keep up with the technology or, like everything else in this world, get left behind. So, this past week I launched out to upgrade my operating system to the most commonly used (OS). I searched to find the most affordable upgrade, which will still make you nervous about purchasing it, and decided on a reputable and popular retailer. I started to install my purchase on my home computer when the program just wouldn’t accept the alphanumeric code that has to be entered from a sticker on the packaging. Needless to say I panicked. I was able to return the product for an exchange, which is one reason I chose the retailer I did. The extra trip to the big city didn’t set well with me, but I made up my mind I wasn’t going to take an attitude into the store. No questions were asked except did I want to exchange for another or have my money returned. I opted for an exchange. The exchange product was in a tamper proof plastic container unlike my original purchase. Ahhh-Ha!! I had been slipped a previously returned item. The exchange works just fine.
A young couple got married and went away on their honeymoon. After two weeks they returned to move into their new home together. One chore was to catalogue and put away all of the presents they received from friends and family. Since this was a new home the process of where to put everything took some time. A week later they received in the mail, two tickets for a popular show they wanted to attend but tickets were impossible to get. They were vey excited and warmed by the gesture of the person who sent this wonderful gift. Inside the envelope along with the tickets was a note, ‘Guess who sent you the tickets’. The couple had a lot of fun trying to identify the donor but failed in their efforts. They went to the theatre and had a wonderful time. On their return home late that night, still trying to guess the identity of their unknown host, they entered the house to find it had been stripped of every article of value. On the now vacant tabletop in the dining room a piece of paper lay with a note in the same handwriting as the note with the tickets. It simply read, ‘Now you know who sent you the tickets!’
[Matthew 7:15-20; Matthew24; Mark 13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13 - 5:11] While Jesus was teaching His disciples, he prophesized the destruction of the temple and the end of the Jewish age. He told them about how horrible a time that was going to be for everyone. He also warned that false prophets would appear claiming to be him, but to not believe. Many times over in the years since Jesus was witnessed rising up into the clouds, false Jesus’ have come forth claiming to have returned. Many still to this day believe Jesus will return to rule a kingdom on earth. I’ve yet to read about a new temple that will be built in Jerusalem preparing for His return to rule over the nations for a thousand years and he will give all people of the world a second chance to be saved. As you read the passages of scripture referred to, you’ll read of the true packaging of the return of Jesus. He will come when we least expect it. Not even Jesus knows when this will be. He will come in the clouds just as He left and everyone will see Him. I don’t read where He comes down to touch the earth. He will send angles to collect the elect, those who have been true to the scriptures. Then what was created will be destroyed. Do what the Bereans did, (Acts 17:11). Read it for yourself, to see if I’m telling the truth.

No comments: