Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Support

I’ve always needed to know what makes things tick, so naturally I have this overwhelming urge to tear things apart with a prayer I be able to put them back together and have them operate as good, if not better, than when I started. Most of the time though, I deal with things that are already non-functioning just to look inside and perhaps repair for further use. Most of the time it takes some sort of support to accomplish a good repair, for instance a wiring diagram or mechanical drawing. Have you ever had a computer program crash? Not a computer crash due to a parts failure, just a program crash. Now I’ve got to tell you, it takes outside support to recover from that. The first lesson my son taught me about computer programs is, “Don’t ever lose the software that is the program”. I didn’t even know the difference between software and hardware at the time, but he further stressed, holding up several CD’s, “Don’t ever lose these!” I have a program installed to catch crashes before programs completely fall apart, losing data and such, but the program isn’t always fast enough to prevent the loss of an operating file or two, crippling the operation of the program. You non-computer users have no idea what I just said, but here’s my point. Those CD’s, that are kept safe and sound, are now the savior of the program missing a few files. Yes, those missing files can be reinstalled from the original installation tool, saving me from hours and hours of recovery work. By the way, you’ll be surprised what you can find by using that little link word “Support” found on most websites. Just think about how lost you would be if it weren’t for the support you receive from others in everything you do, every day.
As Gandhi stepped aboard a train one day, one of his shoes slipped off and landed beside the track. He was unable to retrieve it, as the train began to move. To the amazement of his companions, Gandhi calmly took off his other shoe, threw it back along the track, landing close to the first. Ask by a fellow passenger why he did so, Gandhi smiled, “The poor man who finds the shoe lying beside the track,” he replied, “will now also find the other and have a pair he can use.”
[John 14: 1-14] A man wishing to cross a certain desert hired a local guide to assist him. When the two men arrived at the edge of the desert, the traveler, looking ahead saw only trackless sands without the trace of a footprint, nor a path and certainly no road. Turning to his guide he asked, “Where is the road?” Stepping ahead as he began to lead the way the guide replied, “I am the road.” When Thomas, one of the apostles, asked the Lord, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?” Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” Continue reading and you’ll discover that Jesus himself gives his Father the glory for his works because of the support he receives from the Father. Read on and discover that we can do many things in this life if we would rely on the support we can receive from Jesus if we but ask. “And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me anything in my name and I will do it.” Are you lacking something in your life, but can’t seem to discover what it is? God has the answers and Jesus is here to support your every need.

No comments: